Sunday, October 25, 2015

Uttarakhand Covered So Far - Introduction

Uttarakhand (formally known as Uttaranchal) is one of the 29 states in Indian and is situated in the northern part of India. It's border touches Tibet and Nepal. It is being referred as Devbhumi which literally means *Land of Gods* due to many Hindu temples and pilgrim centers found throughout the state. It is divided in two regions Garhwal and Kumaon. Kumaon is the part of the state, where my roots come from. 
I belong to Chaudas Valley which comes under District Pithoragarh and Tehsil Dharchula but most of my childhood have spent in Almora which is another district in Uttarakhand. 

This is the Introductory post of the many related post I am going to write to cover my travel experiences within Uttarakhand (my own state). 
  • TBD
  • TBD



I will be keep on updating this so stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment